It’s summer already, and we all know the meaning of this season- a bathing suit.
Let’s face the hard truth, you could do a high-intensity workout, but getting a perfect body like Jennifer Aniston is a far-fetched fruit. What would help you in getting a fit body is maintaining a healthy diet. A balanced diet is a lot of work, and one has to track every morsel that goes into their mouth. But who in this rushing world has time to track everything they consume? This is where a calorie counter app gets in the scene. The app would lift some of your pressure and do the relevant tasks. While you’re busy distracting yourself from those delicious hazelnut brownies, read about the list of best calorie counter applications present in the market to make your life a bit easy.
Best Calorie Counter App for iOS and Android
2. SparkPeople Calorie Tracker
3. Cron-o-Meter Nutrition Tracker
One of the most popular calorie counter applications in the market, the solution keeps track of your weight and provides recommendations about daily calorie consumption. Powered by a well-designed exercise log and food diary, the app also shows the number of calories an individual has burned. The app also provides an ability to synch with your current fitness device for including data in the exercise log.
- Tracks progress towards our fitness goal
- Offers chat forums with the fellow users.
- The forums comprises of recipes, conversations, tips, and success stories
- Everyday food consumption is presented as a pie chart (showing the breakdown of protein, carbs and fats).
- A journal for recording your feelings about daily food habits.
- Equipped with barcode scanner that allows the instant inputting of nutrition data of the packaged foods.
- The app offers a free version for the users to have a brief experience.
- Possess a huge database of food options
- Download recipes from the internet and have an estimate of the calorie count.
- Option to “quick add” calories if one doesn’t have time for adding details about a meal.
- Some of the features can only be accessed with the premium version, which is quite expensive, i.e., $49.99 per year.
- The other users upload most of the foods, hence at times, the calorie count may not be completely accurate.
- The serving sizes in the database are difficult to edit, which creates obstacles, especially if your serving was larger or smaller than the listed one.
2. SparkPeople Calorie Tracker
The SparkPeopleCalorie Tracker is a free application for both Android and iOS devices. It allows the users to manually enter their food calorie data or simply scan the item’s barcode with the help of the device’s camera. The app is a fantastic choice for food hipsters who like to try something new every day.
- Tracks the fitness attributes like strength, cardio. It includes reps, sets, and weights, eventually making the tracking process very easy.
- The app is not just a weight loss software. Instead, it puts the diet planning simple by putting your objectives in the custom meal plans.
- Scan the food items via a barcode system to calculate its nutritional and calorie data.
- The app comes with an in-built simple calorie calculator- tracks all the relevant details.
- Comprises a great community to help you in the journey of fitness.
- The solution is available both on iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Has a vast database, which means the probability of understanding an unusual meal is higher
- It synchronizes data with MapMyFitness, Fitbit, Garmin, Runkeeper, and the Apple Healthkit.
- The SparkPeople Calorie Tracker has frozen and crashed in the older iOS devices.
- The detailed food calorie chart is accessible with a $4.99 monthly subscription (bit expensive).
3. Cron-o-Meter Nutrition Tracker
Cronometer calorie counter app is available both on Android and iPhone devices. The software lets you track your exercises, body weight, and, most importantly, diet routine. If an individual is lactating or pregnant, they can choose a customized profile depending on the high-calorie requirements.
- Log and track food consumption and exercises with a robust database.
- The app is also known for tracking water consumption.
- Logs the individual’s Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), Body Mass Index (BMI), body fat, and activity level.
- Integrated with various activity trackers like Garmin, Polar, and the Biosense Ketone Breath Monitor.
- The app synchronizes with the Apple Watch for fetching data from the Apple Health Software.
- The website is free to use and powered by a precise database.
- Regardless of the diet you follow- Vegan, Keto, Paleo, or some custom plan, the app has you covered.
- Tracks all the micronutrients, i.e., minerals, vitamins, fat, and other 79 components.
- Offers data privacy, i.e., no information is sold to 3rd parties.
- It doesn’t segregate the food diary into meals.
- It can only add home-cooked recipes on the site and not only mobile applications.
- No social Community of users
- The website comes free, but the app at bare minimum costs $2.99.
Fatsecret is a free calorie counter application. The app is fast, easy to use, and includes integration with the robust external services and tools to help you succeed with the diet plan. The homepage of the app shows the total calorie intake in addition to the breakdown of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in regarding to every meal.
- A comprehensive food database which includes restaurant and supermarket foods.
- Provides a journal for recording your day-to-day progress
- Powered by a diet calendar to view all the calories burned and consumed.
- Equipped with detailed reporting and goal tracking for keeping track of all the calories and macros.
- Image recognition of meals, foods, and products for better insights.
- It offers a monthly summary view, which provides daily total calorie consumption and the overall average.
- The food information submitted by other app users is highlighted for getting it verified by other users.
- Fatsecret website is full of tips and information, and even includes articles on a varied range of topics.
- It has a chatting community where the app users can swap success stories, recipes, and health tips.
- The interface of the app is very much confusing and cluttered.
Founded in 2007, Fitbit Inc. sells smartwatches, fitness wearable trackers, and other such accessories. Apart from being a calorie counter application, it performs various other functions such as step counting, heart counting, and exercise tracking. The main reason for this app is in our list of Best calorie counter applications is its ten million-plus installations and coupling with the wearable devices.
- Free application for tracking your day-today progress over time.
- Provides nutrition programs, free workouts, sleep tools, meditation tracks, and much more
- Access the innovative smartwatch applications and fresh clock faces.
- Relies on the barcode scanning for tracking daily consumption.
- It has a calorie counter, fat checker, water consumption tracker, and much more.
- Ten million-plus installs confirm the app popularity
- Synch your data with around 3000+ popular partner applications.
- Users can set goals and celebrate milestones.
- Connect with friends and join an inspiring community.
- The app requires users to enter their real name while logging in.
- There are no food matches in the database (only custom foods can be added).
Be it your diet planning, macro calculator, food logging, calorie counting, or the list of healthy recipes- the app by Swedish Lifesum AB company offers everything. Have a healthy and well-balanced life with the Lifesum. The app consists of perfect diet plans for every kind of diet – keto, paleo, fasting, sugar-free, or some custom plan.
- Intuitive Food Diary, nutritional guidance, and macro calculator.
- Barcode scanner, and secure login facilities in the application.
- The Macro calculator helps in keeping taps on daily nutrition, macros, and calories.
- Food Planner provides easy to cook healthy recipes for different diet plans.
- All unit systems present
- “Verified by Lifesum” category with calorie count
- Has a fantastic UX, and supports 11 different languages.
- With an iOS 13 device, the user can easily switch to a dark theme.
- The app doesn’t provide a free basic plan.
Yazio is a german product, which gives it a special place in the list of calorie counting applications. Be the aim is to lose weight, or cultivating healthy habits- Yazio does it all. As per the app store, around 6 million people have achieved their fitness goals with this calorie counter app. Check out the exciting features to know more-
- Personal plan for losing weight and building muscles.
- Create meals, input new foods, and mark favorites.
- It has a calorie table with more than 2 million food items.
- Track your sports, activities, and exercises.
- Nice design, easy to use application
- It provides a step counter as a bonus version.
- The app doesn’t work on an older version of phones
- Any food recipes entered by the users usually go into the public database.
Take Home Message
When it comes to health, it is essential to know the number of calories you’re consuming. Now that you have already gone through some of the finest applications in the market go ahead and consume without worrying about the extra calories.
Come on, what’s there to wait for? Install some of the apps as mentioned above and find which one suits your persona.
Do you think we have missed something?
Feel free to share in the comment box below.
Also, if you wish to have a custom calorie counter app of your choice, then feel free to reach our experts. Till then, Happy Eating!