In our everyday lives, applications have become amongst the most critical resources. They make our lives simpler, healthier, and more relaxed, as if the entire world were in our hands right now. In a fraction of minutes, with smartphones, we can do just about anything we want. In our operations, digital technology has brought disruptive changes and so ticket booking is not the exception. Booking tickets online has preserved energy, time, and resources for individuals. The new technology that uses both web and mobile applications does not require individuals to travel to the booking or reservation stations, unlike the conventional booking system.
According to the study by Juniper Research, the total spending on the market of mobile ticketing for sports events in 2019 was 14 billion dollar which is predicted to reach 23 billion dollar by the year 2023.
The intensified demand and the phenomenon of booking sports event tickets online force you to actually deal with an app-based solution. We’ll tell you how to build a sport ticketing app which is capable of producing maximum profit. And it wouldn’t matter who you really are: like the owner of a business who wants to draw more clients to its events or a company that is able to make a profit on the latter two sets of people. Well, if you’ve ever questioned about the total cost of making one of these applications, this blog post will give you a detailed idea.
In this blog, we’ll be looking at,
- Overview of Sports Ticketing app.
- For whom to develop?
- Development Stages, Core and Must have features, Tech Stack.
- Revenue model, challenges, and best practices to promote apps.
- Development Cost.
So, roll your sleeves up and let’s dig in.
What is a Sports Ticketing App?
A smartphone app for event ticket booking is a solution is the lengthy art of forming bookings either waiting at the ticket counter. With the support of apps, consumers can create their app’s account immediately and like and save the details and dates of particular sports events in which they are interested. Insights like sports event details, timings, place, ticket pricing and other is displayed on the sports ticketing app installed in the mobile or other devices of the user. Such applications offer numerous benefits to user and organizer such as:
- Detailed Sports Event Insights – The older style ways of calling up the agent with regards to the event specifics and the guests. Users will easily check information for any sport event on the application and have all the information under an umbrella.
- Quick Payments – All payments are distributed electronically, and users would not have to bring cash to the venue of the event with them. By making the payments through the sports ticketing app alone, users could make advance booking which saves so much of their time.
- Offer Fewer Cost – An individual is charged as per the seat he/she chooses when it comes to book tickets for any sports event. The entire configuration of the seat at such an event can be seen on the application. Besides that, users can learn about the premium seats as well as the decent ones, and also users can see the seats which have already been rolled out.
- 24/7 Service – Online sport ticketing applications have no rest days, and ticket reservations can indeed be made at any point of time in a day. Prospective customers prosper from making bookings from any location on the planet at any point of time including midnight.
Benefits of Sports Ticketing App for Business
- 24/7 Business – Your organization or business has no opening and closing hours, and available from anywhere around the clock. This allows the soon-to-tell-users to even view the details of the case and have all the information at the strange hours. This implies that your company or business is operational 24 by 7.
- No place of calls – The days where event organizers were connected to their phones, answering client calls at the time, were finished. Able to book on the application itself has improved patterns and made consumers self-sufficient, which has also helped to save the time of sports event organizers a bunch of effort.
- Provide Real Time Insights – As everything happens on the sport ticketing app, a company can get a clearer view of the amount of seats sold as well as the most sold time-slots. This allows them to have a deeper understanding of their clients and their desired timings.
- Other Benefits – Boosts the number of reservations, ensures quick and easy payments, and comes with easy to manage calendars.
Who is interested in sports ticketing apps?
In the above section we’ve already mentioned for whom to develop these apps. Let’s clear one more time, mainly there are 2 options,
- A mediator that provides a convenient forum for businesses to sell tickets to their events and encourages consumers to purchase them.
- A business that needs to have an additional way to connect more easily with its customers and market its services.
Moving on, let’s discuss the development process of a sports ticketing application. For better understanding we’ve divided the entire development process into steps. So have a look.
Development Process of Sport Ticketing App
The most professional app development engineers create ticket booking apps. It allows for booking without difficulties. The following are some of the best practices adopted during the development process in order to develop a good site or mobile app for sports ticketing app.
1. Begin with Research
Here’s where the project starts. To explore the characteristics they want to be incorporated into the product, developers communicate with their target audience. Using surveys and interviews is the best way to obtain this type of information. The crowd or audience may be young people or older adults as well. They may also be practitioners, like executives, physicians, attorneys, owners of companies etc.
2. Set the Requirements
You have to build a list of all the specifications required by the users after adequate testing and research is completed. This is followed by visualizing them one after the other. In case you feel this task too difficult to do then take the help of professional developers for assistance. This is necessary to ensure that consumers and application’s user get the genuine and top-notch product they’ve been waiting for.
3. Select the features and functionality of your app
User Panel Features
Admin Panel Features
4. Select right technology stack
Once you are done with the app’s features, then you have to choose the right technology stack to integrate above mentioned features. Below we’ve listed the best technology stack which you and your development team can use to develop high-end Sports Ticketing App.
- Languages and frameworks – Swift, Node JS, Java, Kotlin, Node JS, ROR, Laravel, fabric IOS, ROR, Laravel, BootStrap, and React JS.
- Push notifications – Twilio, Amazon SNS, MAP, Push.io, and firebase.
- Payment gateways – PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, Mangopay, netbanking, eWallets.
- Database – MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, and Postgress.
- Cloud Environment – AWS, MS Azure, and Google.
- Phone verification – Nexmo and Twilio.
- Real Time Analytics – Gleam IO, Google Analytics, Spark, Hadoop, Apache Flink, Cisco.
- Log Management – ELK, Stack, and Logstash.
It may take a lot of time if you build a sports ticketing application all alone, you need a team of highly experienced experts with relevant work experience. Have a look at the depth of talent that puts effort into creating such an application:
- UI/UX Designers.
- Project Manager.
- Android Developer.
- IOS Developer.
- Front-end Developer.
- Back-end Developer.
- QA Engineers.
- Business Analyst.
- Graphic Designer.
5. Use Minimal Viable Product (MVP) Model
In any kind of app development, this is an essential model. In order to decide whether it is beneficial to them or not it includes launching the real application to the public. This is indeed an excellent way for the application to be reviewed and tested. The technique will help you to concentrate on the key features needed while minimizing time and cost of production.
6. Select an appropriate Revenue Model for your application
After spending a considerable amount of money on app development, it becomes a bit adventurous for app owners and entrepreneurs to search for ways to make money through application and then expand it. Well there are so many different ways that you can use to gain back the money invested, and even at a much higher rate, so have a look.
- Commission Based – You can apply an extra commission fee to the ticket price that your clients pay, a sum that will have to be charged by the partners of the event or by managers. This is amongst the most reliable ways to make a profit on your sports ticketing application for promoters and managers who are still ready to invest in the opportunity to fill seats.
- Advertisement models – Within the application, you can add an advertisement model that would allow you to earn money in exchange for showing clients videos or event ads. Depending on the clicks the application receives, you can also incorporate an additional in-app advertising payment mode.
- Other revenue models which you use for your spots ticketing application are merchandise distribution, management charges, and internet handling charges.
7. App Marketing
In order to get a wide selection of clients and users, this should be done between two or three weeks before the official launch date. Failing to do it successfully would make app development companies and businesses lose potential app users. To avoid future problems like app crashes or any other, the development of sports ticketing applications must follow the correct definition and design.
Challenges in Sports Ticketing Industry
- Risks and Cancellations – As per the reports, the victims of online ticket fraud have reached over 1.2 million Euros. It is a challenge for many entrepreneurs to persuade people by offering them ease and satisfaction they want at the cost of online ticket booking.
- Data collection – There is a lot of data created by each customer while booking a ticket through mobile phones, and with each completed payment, the provider actually gets to know consumer-based information like age, preferences, buying histories, location, and manner of buying tickets. For most providers, handling this knowledge and customizing each ticket booking is a challenge.
- Customer Allegiance – You need a well-implemented approach with an advantage in order to turn first-time clients into loyal clients. If they find easier purchases, more legitimacy, and better discounts and coupons, individuals easily turn to your website or mobile application. The aim of getting mobile ticketing merchants helps to attract customers and to engage customers’ in the future in effective ways.
As of now, we discussed everything which helps you to get started with sport ticketing app development. Moving on, let’s discuss the core part of this blog “The Cost”. So buckle up, roll your sleeves because it’s time to discuss the cost of app development.
Cost to Develop Sports Ticketing App
Cost of developing an application depends on various factors. Below are some important factors that help to decide the cost of sports ticketing app development?
- Platforms – You have to decide the platforms which you want to make your application compatible with. It can be Android, IOS, or a web application. Then they are developed using various technologies and deployed on a platform. Android app development is expensive as compared to IOS app development. We know it’s strange, because the reason is IOS apps are tested on fewer devices whereas Android applications are tested on way many devices. You can also go with cross-platform app development in order to acquire a huge amount of audience worldwide.
- App Complexity – The application’s functionality defines its complexity. Basics features with a simple design are less complicated and take less time to develop. However if you want to incorporate advanced features like mentioned above takes a long time and application becomes more complex. The cost of developing the application is greater for a complex application and lesser for an application with basic features.
- Geo Location of Development Firm – The geo-location of development firms plays an important role in determining app development cost, because every development firm charges differently based on their hourly rates. For better understanding read below mentioned points.
- Eastern Europe – 40 to 100 dollars/hour.
- UK “United Kingdom” – 60 to 180 dollars/hour.
- Australia – 50 to 150 dollars/hour.
- Canada and US – 70 to 250 dollars/hour.
So you’ve built a new sports ticketing app, but what now? What’s your strategy for the future?
To start with, be prepared for a long struggle. Success is not going to fall on your back, and the market is too high. Here are some practical tips which you can choose to viralize your application.
- Consider app gamification.
- Make your sports ticketing application perfect as possible.
- Have a close on Google play or Apple App Store.
- Ask users to rate and comment about the app.
- Minimize application size.
We hope that through this blog you’ve gained detailed insights of how to develop a sport ticketing application. It is relevant to consider that a mobile sports ticketing app increases the value of the company. You could even retain the clients by offering them an excellent facility to reserve their seats on the go. A sports ticketing app Development Company can guide you to cost-effectively come up with a customized application. If you are looking to develop a high end sports ticketing application then partner with us, our expert developers will transform your app idea into top-notch ready to disrupt product.
For further information, visit our website www.matellio.com