Nowadays, an intense rivalry is experiencing in the app development industry. As Android and IOS were the critical platforms for the development of mobile applications, developing cross-platform services appealed to developers as well as business owners alike; as a result, numerous innovations have evolved to support cross-platform apps development. Besides that, there is a massive desire for most software companies to reduce app-building cost, maximize time, create more and deliver top-notch services and applications.
If you are planning to build an app for your business or startup, but don’t know which technologies you use to develop high-end applications? We will suggest the best technologies to be used so that your investment will pay you off. In this blog, we will discuss the most famous framework in deeper, i.e. Flutter. In upcoming sections, we’ll discuss the benefits and why to consider Flutter over other platforms.
So let’s get started.
What is Flutter?
To classify it, Flutter is a versatile, lightweight UI toolkit developed by Google and designed to create natively optimized applications from a single unified codebase across the web, Smartphone, and desktop. It utilizes the Dart programming language and integrates Material Design and Cupertino widgets to construct excellent UI. Which not only looks and sounds native but also mimics the application to function seamlessly and spontaneously on any platform, regardless if you are using a similar codebase.
They are built as an open-source mobile UI platform to content with the React Native, which is Facebook’s product. Flutter has now developed into a highly advanced platform allowing developers to create native interfaces not just for web and mobile applications as well as for embedded and desktop apps. Flutter comes with lots of features like command-line-tools, ready-made widgets, API testing, and many more. In essence, Flutter implements a reactive architecture of creation, where the components of the UI are dynamically modified when the variables are changed.
Well as we have done with the basics. Let’s move forward and discuss the reasons to consider Flutter over other platforms:
Why Choose Flutter Over Other Platforms?
There are various reasons why developers and business owners go with Flutter over other platforms; below we’ve mentioned some of them. Let’s have a look.
- Less Development Cost – An optimal cross-platform should fulfill these two needs: top-notch UI with animations, and native UI elements—secondly, a cost-effective app. Using Flutter, you’ll also have fewer issues with these systems when adapting the software to each of the platforms. Creating a native app is sometimes a costly deal for entrepreneurs and business owners, as developers need to write multiple codes to develop software for different OS. Here Flutter comes to part in, a single codebase was used to build applications that function flawlessly on various platforms, thereby significantly minimizing the cost of maintenance for the software and application.
- Increases Productivity – Flutter comes with great functionality, namely Hot Reload, which means that if any errors arise during the development, you or your developer will be able to repair them immediately. The code doesn’t need to be recompiled or redeployed. Developers can see the effect of a significant redesign in real-time so that a team can quickly implement new functionality and fixes bugs. Hot Reload feature improves efficiency and allows experiments to be performed without delay. It also increases the cooperation between developers and designers, so that they can check the efforts immediately when something needs to be changed in the application’s look and functionalities.
Let’s move ahead and discuss the key features of Flutter.
Key features that Flutter offers
- Fast Development – Flutter allows developers and designers to explore and create Ui, to debug, and add features quickly and easily in real-time. Flutter’s hot reload feature immediately shows the improvements you’ve made in code so that you don’t need to see the file over and over again each time you update it. Hot reload shows changes in the state of the app and also allows you to code execution.
- Flexible Backend – Flutter enables easy, flexible, and scalable backends. It supports plugins such as firebase, SQLite and many more, which helps you to render the software modular, serverless, and robust infrastructure. So if you are looking for an app that involves cloud storage and functions, then flutter is the best option for you.
- Fast Rendering – due to layered architecture, it gives you the power to control every pixel displayed on the screen. Not just these you can also animate graphics, video text and many more without any limits.
- Other than this, Flutter offers many other key features like:
- Easy embedding with other apps.
- Well equipped with Native advanced RISC machines.
- Fast customization.
- Reduces application testing time.
It becomes evident that the Flutter will continue to transform the way of app development in the coming years. Flutter takes fewer efforts, time, and cost to create a web and mobile application. If you have read this blog, you now understand why Flutter is popular these days, and why should you embark on your first flutter app development. If you are planning to go with flutter app development or want to hire a development firm for a different process? Give us a shout, our experts will provide you with a free consultation and development strategy that’d suit your needs.
Matellio offers the best solutions to our clients using the latest technology and trends. Our experts specialize in delivering high-end applications with a single code base. For more information, visit our website.
Till then, happy reading.