The evolution of technology has brought us various applications and platforms which are making daily life easier than ever. With these on-demand apps, you can check the road conditions before leaving your home, order groceries, and much more. These apps have become an essential part of our lives, and there are more apps to come. With a busy lifestyle, people want to have everything delivered to their doorstep, including daily essentials such as milk and other dairy products. Milk delivery apps are becoming more popular every day with their unique features and delivery timings. You just have to select the milk type, set the delivery time or opt for a subscription, and the ordered quantity will be delivered to your doorstep at the scheduled time.
The global market of milk delivery app development seems promising as the demand is increasing at a rapid speed. Entrepreneurs are interested in this genre as the target audience is huge; everybody wants milk delivered to their doorstep. If you are thinking of developing an online milk delivery app, this is a perfect time. In this blog, you will learn about the development process along with the features to be considered and the tech stack. Let’s get started.
What is Milk Delivery App and its Working?
A milk delivery app can be described as the application users use to get milk delivered to their doorstep. These apps are integrated with advanced technology and features that deliver extreme feasibility to the users. An online milk delivery app is only limited to milk delivery; businesses can choose to deliver other related products on the same. It is different from other delivery apps as it deals with items that lose their quality extremely fast. Milk is a sensitive product; if not stored at the proper temperature, it can go bad. Other eCommerce stores take a lot of time delivering any order, but these apps promise to deliver on your scheduled time.
The working of a milk delivery app is extremely simple. Users have to install the app from the App Store or Google play store and register themselves. The app will ask for basic information from the users to identify them. These details include information such as name, age, sex, address, etc. Some of these apps often activate the account of users after the address has been verified by their agents. Others verify the address through online KYC. Once you are in the app, you will be presented with all the products available. Select the product, add to cart, select the time, and proceed to payment; this is a simple process. Users can also recharge their in-built wallet and subscribe to a product to get non-stop delivery every day at a scheduled time.
Advantages of Milk Delivery App Development
Selling an essential market automatically increases the demand of any app; the only things matter is the service of the provider. Along with a huge potential audience, there are a lot of benefits that consumers and service providers get with a mobile app for milk delivery. Here are some of the top benefits.
1. Benefits from Users Perspective
Ease of Access
Milk is an essential item, and users want it on a daily basis. Traditionally, they either have to visit the supermarket or any nearby grocery shop to buy milk. An app with significant features has solved the problem for good. Users can get their dairy items at their doorstep easily.
When buying things offline, the problem of running out of cash remains constant. With milk delivery apps, you can easily pay with various online payment methods such as debit cards, credit cards, net banking, and more. These apps also have an option of wallets; just refill your in-built wallet and pay for the selected items.
Fresh milk delivery apps are extremely popular as they provide better time flexibility. Most of these take orders till late in the night and deliver your product in the morning. Time flexibility is extremely beneficial for the users that arrive late to their homes from work or users who want their milk delivered at a different time frame. Users can also pause or unpause their subscriptions as per their requirements.
2. Benefits from Business Perspective
Easy to Operate
If we compare all the other business models, milk delivery apps have the most simplified operation. Companies that are already in the dairy business can streamline their operations, generate reports, and get intelligent insights to enhance the business in terms of revenue.
Businesses can easily advertise their brand through their app and increase their followers as a business with an app projects credibility to the users. Extreme marketing has made people believe that branded products and services are always good, and branding your services will only compel users to purchase from you.
Any business needs some intelligent insights to plan further activities. With an app, your milk delivery business can grow significantly. Apps can get you relevant data such as types of users, subscribers, non-subscribers, and more that you can use to develop new strategies.
Milk Delivery App Development Process
People often believe that developing an app for the delivery of a service is a complicated task, but it can be developed easily with a dedicated plan. A perfect roadmap with all the milestones highlighted along with a time frame gives you an exact idea of the outcome. Along with everything, you’ll need a reliable app development company with highly skilled resources and a good reputation in the market. Here is the simplified development process that you can follow.
1. Market Research
Any result-oriented development process starts with detailed market research and analysis. Start with finding out the market trends and finding your target audience, which is not hard in the case of milk delivery app development. People may except from your milk delivery app to provide milk based on fat percentage such as full cream, toned, double toned, etc.
Start with finding your competitors and their business strategies. Analyze their business models and glean all the important points that can give you an edge over the competition. List out the features of apps that are trending and improvise them to attract more customers. You can either assign the research task to your in-house team or hire a dedicated marketing company to do the research for you. Alternatively, you can just shop for a detailed market report online from various online marketing websites. These reports are categorized as per the genre and other stats.
2. The Blueprint
The next step after gathering the facts consists of making an effective blueprint to guide the milk delivery app development process. You have gathered the facts from market research; use them to plan your way ahead. Divide the planning into parts such as features, technology stack, and more. Plan for each section wisely. Remember, hiring an app development company is also part of planning. Let’s start with features.
a. Features to be Considered
When a user chooses a product, the first thing they notice is features. Make sure the features in your fresh milk delivery app development awe the users. In case you want to add a new feature in your app to attract more customers, ask your mobile app developers to create the same for you. Here is a category-wise list of features that should be considered while developing your mobile app for milk delivery.
User Panel Features
- Onboarding: Allow users to register themselves by completing their KYC. This feature will also explain the basic functioning of the app to the new users.
- Manage Addresses: Allow users to add or delete new or old addresses for their orders. Users can also mark the address as primary or secondary based on the requirements.
- Real-time Tracking: Allow users to track their order in real-time and get the exact location of the delivery agent.
- Ratings/reviews: Allow users to rate the service of the app and the delivery agent. It also allows users to mark their ratings for each order.
- Order History: Allow users to view their past order history and reorder an item from the list. It adds an extra level of feasibility.
- Pause Subscription: Allow users to pause the delivery of subscribed items on selected days. Users can pause the delivery for weeks or on selected days sprinkled throughout the week.
- In-Built Wallets: Allow users to add money into the in-built wallet for a smooth ordering experience and uninterrupted delivery of subscribed items.
- Easy Payment: Allow users to pay for their selected items through multiple payment methods such as credit/debit cards, net banking, and more.
- Chat/Call: Allow users to get in touch with the delivery agent and customer support in case of any issue.
Delivery Agent Panel Features
- Create Profile: Allow users to register and verify themselves to get delivery orders. It also allows them to manage their profiles and add extra documents.
- Accept/Decline Orders: Allows users to accept or decline order delivery. You can permit a fixed number of times a delivery agent can reject orders.
- Order Details: Allows users to get the address and the route to the delivery point. It does not allow users to see the personal details of the customer.
- Map/Navigation: Allow users to get directions to reach their delivery destination.
- Call/Chat: Allow users to get in touch with customer care and the customer in case of any issue.
Admin Panel Features
- Manage Delivery Agents: Allow admins to hire more delivery agents by accepting their applications. Admins can also remove any delivery agents in extreme scenarios.
- Manage Milk Providers: Allow admins to add or delete a vendor that supplies milk to their business based on quality.
- Manage Orders: Allow admins to manage orders of the customers based on quantity, location, and much more.
- Analyze Reports: Allow admins to get detailed reports that include insightful data about earnings and subscriptions and various other things.
b. Tech Stack to be Considered
The functionality of the features included in your milk delivery app development majorly depends on the technology stack you choose. Make sure to choose a robust and scalable tech stack that empowers the overall app performance. Here is a tech stack that most of the milk app delivery apps use that can be considered for your project.
- Android, iOS
- MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra
- Google, AWS, Azure
- Hadoop, Spark, IBM, Cisco
- Twillio, Mexico
- Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, E-Wallets
3. Design & Development
While designing a mobile app for milk delivery, you should take care of the layout which displays products and other services. Divide the layout with an aesthetic design and make sure everything is easily accessible. Consult your UI/UX designer for ideas and brainstorm a bit with your team also to reach a better conclusion. You have done detailed market research; use the facts and various designs that came across for a reference. In the end, the design should be simple and flawless.
After you are done with the designing part, start with testing your app in every way possible. It is recommended to build a prototype first and measure the performance, then move towards a full-fledged app. Ask your testing engineers to thoroughly test the code and remove any errors or bugs before launching the application. Remember, the app should be clean of any errors and bugs when it goes into the hands of users. A reliable development partner will provide you experienced and skilled resources who will take care of everything before launching the project.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Development
When it comes to deciding the budget of any app development, there are various factors that can affect the overall cost of the process. You may have got an idea about the cost included in the app development of any genre. The best way to decide the budget is to discuss every possible thing with your in-house team and consider the points of your market research. Here are a few factors that can fluctuate the cost of your development process.
- Number and types of features.
- Location of development
- Technology Stack
- Number of resources required
- Hiring an app development company
- App type, etc.
Milk is a necessity for a majority of the population, and the services that deliver it will always have someone to cater to. The market situation of this genre projects promising figures for businesses. The global market of any genre always has a space for a new app with added features. Get to know the expectations of the customers and implement changes in your milk delivery app development process to make the most of your project.
Matellio has developed several digital solutions that have received great ratings and reviews from our clients and their customers. We offer custom app development solutions that fit perfectly with your business needs at an affordable cost. Our team of highly skilled experts and developers has vast experience in creating on-demand apps. Get in touch with our experts over a 30-min free consultation call to get started right away!
Get the Conversation Started!
Get the Conversation Started!
- Android App Development (268)
- Artificial Intelligence (243)
- Blockchain (59)
- Cloud Computing (3)
- Cloud Services (19)
- Company Updates (8)
- Custom Healthcare Solutions (54)
- Digital Marketing (3)
- E-commerce Development (38)
- Enterprise Development (57)
- Enterprise Solutions (164)
- GIS Development (4)
- Guest Post (3)
- Internet of Things (111)
- iOS App Development (240)
- Mobile App Development (648)
- News (71)
- On-demand App Development (212)
- SaaS Development (5)
- Salesforce Development (15)
- Search Engine Optimization (24)
- Software Development (435)
- Staff Augmentation (24)
- Technology (341)
- UI/UX Design (24)
- Wearable App Development (3)
- Web App Development (103)
- WordPress Development (8)