Cloud software development is changing the way humans and technology interact with each other. Cloud computing is also seen as the emerging pathway for businesses to support their digital transformation and reduce the complexities.
If you are considering investing in the advanced technology of cloud computing and enhancing your overall business performance, then this can be a fruitful decision. And this statement is also supported by the numbers showing the increasing adoption of cloud technology in different industries.
As per the reports cloud computing market size is anticipated to reach $2,432.87 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 20%.
The growing demand for leveraging cloud integration services within businesses of different sizes is propelling the market value of advanced technology. So, if you wish to modernize your IT infrastructure by integrating the power of cloud software, then this blog is for you.
Here we will be exploring various significant aspects that will help you understand how you want to align your business needs with this next-gen technology.
- Cloud software is one of the most adopted technologies by different industries, as it can advance your business and sustain its growth.
- There are various ways in which cloud software can be used in industries like agriculture, manufacturing, education, and others.
- Developing cloud software can be simplified if you follow the steps that include researching and then defining your project requirement, hiring the cloud software development company, selecting the right cloud platform, and more.
Table of Contents
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is an umbrella term for all the services related to cloud technologies offered by cloud service providers to their users via the Internet. The services or infrastructure within cloud computing includes servers, storage, networking, intelligence, analytics, database, and cloud-based software.
By leveraging or investing in these cloud computing services, you will be able to accelerate the innovation of your business, increase your operational flexibility and also reduce the overall operations costs.
You can choose to leverage cloud based software development to sustain the success of your business in this digital era for the long run. It will help you strengthen your market position against your competitors.
Use Cases of Custom Cloud Software Within Major Industries
Not one or two, but almost every major industry is leveraging the power of advanced technologies to gain new heights and meet the demands of its target audience. The decision to invest in cloud software development is also favored by many businesses catering to different industries. Below we have mentioned the use cases of cloud software within the industries such as:
If your business belongs to the healthcare industry, then you must invest in custom enterprise software development using cloud technology. By leveraging this technology, you can easily streamline your clinical workflows and improve the efficiency of overall services. Some of the major use cases of cloud software within the healthcare industry are:
- You can manage your EHR (electronic health record) securely, efficiently, and cost-effectively. EHR plays a vital role in offering real-time access to all the patient data that can help health professionals to make informed decisions.
- Medical billing and claims management is another area that can be elevated by investing in cloud computing software development. By using this software, you can manage all your medical billing and claims efficiently. It will reduce the burden of administrative costs, streamline your workflow and help in improving the revenue cycle.
Businesses from the finance industry are adopting advanced technologies and leveraging digital transformation services to stand firm in this digital era. So if your business belongs to this industry, here are some of the ways in which you can use custom cloud software:
- Your business can manage the payment processes securely and efficiently by offering you real-time data on the transaction process. It will help you to improve the speed and accuracy of all the transactions related to your business.
- Another use of investing in cloud software development is that it can help you identify potential risks by analyzing real-time data and analytics. Further, you can develop strategies or bring on the required changes in your operations to mitigate the identified risks and reduce loss.
In the race to achieve advancement, businesses from the manufacturing industry are hiring cloud software developers so that they can embrace digital transformation. By leveraging the cloud-based software solution, there are multiple platforms within their production processes that can be enhanced. So, if your business belongs to this industry, here are some of the ways in which you can use custom cloud software:
- You can enhance your production planning and scheduling by leveraging cloud technology. It will offer real-time visibility within the production processes and allow you to optimize the scheduling of the different production charts by reducing the effort and time consumed.
- You can also hire a software development company to add the power of cloud technology and improve quality and inventory management. Both of these are significant aspects of your manufacturing process. By using the cloud-based software solution, you will be able to go through the real-time data of your products and identify any quality issues. You will be able to track the defects and take action to improve them. This software will also let you have access to real-time inventory data and let you optimize inventory levels and reduce the risk of stockouts and overstocking.
Similar to the other industries, businesses catering to the education sector or industry are also leveraging the services of cloud computing software developers. Custom cloud software development can become a fruitful investment for your business if it belongs to the education industry.
It cannot just streamline your administrative tasks but also improve your customer experience. Here we have mentioned some of the major ways in which you can use custom cloud software for your business growth in the education sector:
- You can always choose to hire a custom software development company and add value to your student information system (SIS). With the power of cloud technology, the student information system will ease the process of managing the student data, such as grades, attendance, enrollment, and more. With SIS, users can get real-time access to vital data, and student progress can be easily monitored.
- You can manage all your administrative tasks, such as HR, finance, facilities management, and more. Cloud software can offer you real-time data about different processes related to your administrative operation and help you in making informed decisions.
Businesses in the agriculture industry are not left behind in enhancing their operational efficiency. Different cloud based software development tools have been used to develop a system that can be used for streamlining the collaboration between farmers, suppliers, and distributors. There are many other ways in which your business within the agriculture industry can use cloud software solutions:
- You can use it within precision farming, which uses cloud software for optimizing crop yield. It is done by gathering and analyzing data from different sources such as soil moisture sensors, satellite imagery, weather stations, and more. By using this software, you will be able to make a data-driven decision about irrigation, planting, and fertilizer application.
- By investing in cloud software development, you can also enhance your farm management system. It can be used for managing crop planning, equipment maintenance, livestock management, and more. By analyzing the current situation of the farm and offering you real-time data, it can help you keep track of different operations.
Steps for Cloud Software Development Process
After scrolling down the use cases of cloud software within different industries, it’s time to learn about the most vital section of the blog, which is the development steps. Here we have mentioned some of the crucial steps that will lead your path towards successful cloud software development process.
Research and Define Your Requirement
The first thing that you need to do in order to make your development process strong is research work. You need to define your requirements when you hire staff augmentation services and get your cloud software developed.
The proper listing of project requirements can only be made after you are well aware of the market scenario within your industry. Cloud software can be used for multiple functions in different businesses.
You need to find out what you exactly need this solution for and then research the latest trends and technology to pair it with. You also need to do a competitor analysis, as it will give you an idea of how to be unique in the market.
Studying the strategy, goals, and other essentials related to a similar project of your competitor will keep you a step forward than them. Once the research is completed, you can easily define the requirement of the cloud software development project to your developers.
Hire Cloud Software Development Company
After you have clarity about your ideas related to your cloud-based project, it’s time to take the next step. Your ideas can be turned into reality only when incorporating the experts in your development team.
It is where you will need to leverage the development company offering cloud integration services or development services as per your requirement. For example, if you hire dedicated developers from Matellio, you will receive a wide range of development services.
From offering you consulting and designing to developing the software, we cover it all with perfection. Apart from that, we have experts who can help you with market and competitor analysis. With that, you will have an accurate idea of the latest trends and unique features to incorporate into your cloud-based software solution.
Setting up the in-house development team can be a tough decision, as you would be required to set up every technology from scratch. You will also have to hire and train the developers as per your project requirement. All this will increase the timeline of your project development and will also be heavy on your overall development cost.
Choose the Right Cloud Platform and Tech Stack
Now when you have the best cloud computing software developer with you, the first thing that needs to be sorted out is the cloud platform. You have a clear list of requirements for your software development project.
The research work will have also given you an idea of which cloud platform to use as per your requirement. Your development team can use popular cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
After choosing the right cloud platform, it’s time to look into the right tech stack required for the development of cloud software solutions. Below we have mentioned some of the general technologies that can be used for the cloud software development process. These technologies can be altered as per your project requirement:
|Cloud Platforms||Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud, etc.|
|Infrastructure||Virtual Machines (VMs), Containers (Docker, Kubernetes), Serverless Computing (AWS Lambda, Azure Functions)|
|Database||Amazon DynamoDB, Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB, Google Cloud Firestore, MongoDB Atlas, MySQL, PostgreSQL|
|Backend||Node.js, Java, .NET Core, Python, Ruby, Go|
|APIs/SDKs||RESTful APIs, GraphQL, gRPC, AWS SDK, Azure SDK, Google Cloud Client Libraries|
|Security||Identity and Access Management (IAM), OAuth 2.0, SSL/TLS, Encryption, Firewalls|
|DevOps||CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI, CircleCI), Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet), Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)|
|Monitoring||Prometheus, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Google Cloud Monitoring|
|Logging||ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Splunk, AWS CloudWatch Logs, Azure Monitor Logs|
|Testing||Jest, Selenium, JUnit, Postman, AWS CodeBuild, Azure DevOps Test Plans|
|Analytics||Google Analytics, AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, BigQuery, Power BI|
|Messaging||Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, Azure Service Bus, Google Cloud Pub/Sub|
After thorough research work, project requirements are clear for your project; it’s time to align every resource and begin the development process. When you hire dedicated developers, they have an idea about which cloud platform must be used, and the technology stack that would be required, but one thing that is equally important is a development methodology.
We would suggest you use Agile methodology for your development process. Adopt an Agile methodology like Scrum or Kanban for iterative development and efficient project management. The method of agile will break down your project into smaller sprints, set clear goals, and prioritize tasks for each sprint.
You will be able to conduct regular meetings and sprint reviews to track progress, address challenges, and adjust project scope as needed.
Test and Deploy
Testing is one of the significant pillars that helps the successful completion of your cloud software development process. The development company that you choose must offer you rigorous performance testing for your software solution. It will help in optimizing the software for reliability, scalability, and responsiveness.
At Matellio, we offer both manual as well as automated software testing so that your custom builtd software serves its purpose. Once your development team is done with the testing part, it’s time to deploy your software on the cloud platform that you have selected.
How Can Matellio Become Your Cloud Software Development Partner?
Exploring this blog would have given you an idea of how fruitful it can be for your business to invest in cloud software development. Cloud technology can offer you a systematic approach and clear understanding to streamline your entire operational process. But you would need to have a trusted development partner to develop a flawless cloud solution.
This is where Matellio enters!
With us, you get a team of experts who have experience of working on different cloud-based projects for various industries. We are known as one of the best providers of digital transformation services as our team is upgraded with the latest tools, technologies, and industry trends.
We make sure to follow robust security regulations to keep your data safe. With us by your side, you will not be worrying about your timeline or development cost.
If you have any kind of doubt regarding the development cycle, want to learn about the development cost, and need consulting services to align your ideas, reach out to our experts by filling out this form.
Get the Conversation Started!
Get the Conversation Started!
- Android App Development (268)
- Artificial Intelligence (243)
- Blockchain (59)
- Cloud Computing (3)
- Cloud Services (19)
- Company Updates (8)
- Custom Healthcare Solutions (54)
- Digital Marketing (3)
- E-commerce Development (38)
- Enterprise Development (57)
- Enterprise Solutions (164)
- GIS Development (4)
- Guest Post (3)
- Internet of Things (111)
- iOS App Development (240)
- Mobile App Development (648)
- News (71)
- On-demand App Development (212)
- SaaS Development (5)
- Salesforce Development (15)
- Search Engine Optimization (24)
- Software Development (435)
- Staff Augmentation (24)
- Technology (341)
- UI/UX Design (24)
- Wearable App Development (3)
- Web App Development (103)
- WordPress Development (8)