How To Develop A Travel Agency Website?
Updated on Apr 20th, 2021
What can be better than traveling? Seeing new places, getting acquainted with new people, learning about other cultures, experiencing different lifestyles, and just breaking out of daily routine – nothing can match that. This is why more and more people nowadays get into tourism, sparing both time & money to see the world. Indeed, the travel business has skyrocketed in recent years as more people worldwide aspire for larger, more exciting, and exotic trips. Besides, traveling became so much easier with the internet! Today, nothing stands in between you and your next mind-blowing adventure, except for a few clicks.
But have you ever considered sharing your own travel experience with the worldwide online community or helping people to plan and organize vacations or tours? Whether you want to enter the sprawling travel business or help others with sound advice, the best way to do this is by creating a travel website.
But How a Portal Benefit the Business?
The Internet has robust potential, and it can promote all major industries across the field without any boundaries, including Travel and Tourism sector. This sector is further demanding and fruitful as people are more likely to explore the beauty and mystery of the earth.|
Travel Portals provides the customers or booking agents with travel information, bookings, and all the required information that one may need while traveling. These travel portals fetch information from central servers which have granted them the specified permission and provide users with the cheapest fares and the best possible services.
Users can search for hotels and book them online. They can view their account details, booking stage, seat number quickly. Booking or canceling a ticket becomes very simple.
It is a proper way to do promotions of business as online marketing fetches more customers. It is quite helpful for travelers to reserve their air tickets online or hire a car online for the required time interval.
Online Travel Portals offer the necessary foundation to build upon and expand growth within the company. In simple words, it’s a structured gateway that helps to structure the information found on the internet. Our professional web developers can deliver customized travel portals, which go well with the provisions of the clients as well as the visitors.
See the Impact this Industry has on the Market
- Tourism is still one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors with bookings in 2017, reaching almost $1.6 trillion. (Deloitte, 2018)
- Travel and tourism in 2017 contributed 10.4% to global GDP (gross domestic product). That’s 4.6% more than the previous year.
- Globally, almost 10% of all jobs are linked to the travel and tourism industry.
- Solo travel is surging, and over 40% of those travelers are Baby Boomers. (Hospitality.net, 2018)
- 57% of international tourists in 2030 will be traveling to emerging economies. (Responsible travel, 2017)
- In 2017, the US $882.4 billion was invested in Tourism. That is forecasted to rise by 4.8% this year, and continue to increase by 4.3% year on year, making total investment US$1,408.3 billion by 2028.
- International tourist arrivals worldwide grew by 6% in the first six months of 2018 compared to the same period in 2017.
- Consumer confidence is on the rise in America, and travel trends are rising in accordance with it. In 2018, 5% more people traveled 50 miles or more during the 4th of July holiday period. (Travel + Leisure, 2018)
Basic Functionality of Travel Agency Website
|Sign up||Create profile||User Management|
|View places/ activities||Manage activities||Accept/Reject Host profiles|
|Make bookings||Add bank details||Host commissions|
|View host info||Customer Verification||Add/ remove features|
|Pay online||View transactions history||Monitor feedback|
|Check reviews||Comments reply||Push notification|
|Jot down your experience||Add blogs||Manage write-ups|
|Subscribe newsletter||Share on social media||Tech support|
Advance Features of Travel Agency Website
1. Search and Sort
All activities & local attractions are distributed under appropriate categories, making it extremely simple for users to choose their favorites & plan their trip quickly.
2. Read Before You Proceed
Each destination has its flavor – whether it’s about local culture, cuisine, or weather. On our website, there will be a provision to list destinations along with tips on the location.
3. View Activity Location On Map
Map view display of activities & attractions makes it easier for users to find their dream destinations and get a better idea about the directions and how to reach there.
A calendar view enabled booking feature makes the selection of dates super easy, thus, makes trip scheduling effortless for users.
5. Book Multiple Trips
On Matellio-powered website, there will be no last-minute hassle for users for booking trips. Users can book multiple trips in advance and wait for the vacation time to arrive.
6. Create a Wish-List
If a user can’t currently book a trip, no worries. We will take care of that too. Users can add activities & destinations to their wishlist so that they wouldn’t have to search all over again when planning their future expeditions.
7. Message Exchange
It enables users to connect with their prospect hosts directly. Users can also follow them on the website, as well as check out all the activities organized by them.
8. Get Real View Pictures and Videos of Destination
How would your customers feel if they get advance insight into their holiday destination? Simply superb! Isn’t it? Well, one can expect to get pictures of the travel spot. This will aid in planning as the users will be aware of the location. The apps also provide a few videos too to offer a better experience.
Travel portal is a competitive and saturated niche on the Internet, so starting on your adventure towards a successful travel agency website can be a complicated and challenging task. But don’t worry, Matellio is there to guide you at every step.
Matellio LLC is a global provider of best-in-class software engineering services. With over two decades of experience, our team has fostered a digital edge for numerous ideas through expert IT solutions. We take pride in having delivered more than 600 successful projects across 107 nations while assisting clients through the journey of ideation to deployment. Our user-centric approach and customer-friendly methodology enable us to address each project with time-tested expertise that renders maximum client satisfaction.
- Android App Development (258)
- Artificial Intelligence (182)
- Blockchain (59)
- Company Updates (8)
- Digital Marketing (3)
- E-commerce Development (37)
- Enterprise Development (55)
- Enterprise Solutions (117)
- GIS Development (4)
- Guest Post (3)
- Internet of Things (86)
- iOS App Development (232)
- Mobile App Development (578)
- News (70)
- On-demand App Development (210)
- Salesforce Development (15)
- Search Engine Optimization (24)
- Software Development (325)
- Staff Augmentation (13)
- Technology (306)
- UI/UX Design (24)
- Wearable App Development (3)
- Web App Development (102)
- WordPress Development (8)