How to Develop an Indoor Navigation Application?
Updated on Jul 5th, 2022
Hey, have a smartphone in hand? Well, it is a lot easier for you to find your way, with a newly introduced mobile indoor GPS navigation apps. In order to take it to the next level, the technology has implemented special indoor navigation and positioning application, which will help you navigate inside places which a traditional GPS-based mapping can’t. The app can help you when you’re searching for the cafes or restaurants inside a crowded shopping center And hey, isn’t it very convenient to have an app that has everything ready for you and all you need to do is single-tap. With this, it is very easy to find your destination, even at an unfamiliar location, or city.
Why Do We Need an Indoor Navigation Application?
Firstly, it is important to know that these apps work with augmented reality, and display your location according to the maps on the indoor level. The indoor navigation mobile app has GPS maps that show the shortest route towards the destination. However, the app is comprised of three major positioning:
Creates the shortest roots till the destinations which can be either a park area or any shopping center.
The positioning feature locates the destination inside a building in the indoor application, according to the real-time location of the user.
3. Push Notification
The feature sends the notification to the users about their actual position in their smartphones.
The Usefulness of Indoor Navigation for Business
1. However, the development of the application may confuse the users, like how to use a particular app? But you see the new era of technology has added value to the applications and provided better services, since.
2. The indoor navigation apps have proven to be helpful and reliable when the buildings like a shopping centre, malls, airports, railway stations cover a large surface area.
3. Moreover, such advanced technology can be leveraged by warehouses, offices. Colleges, hospitals, as it’s easy for the users to find the destination with the shortest routes without any difficulties.
4. When we talk about the idea behind such apps, it’s because inside the large buildings the GPS doesn’t work, so the app is beneficial for the smartphone users, to reach their desired destinations.
The Usefulness of Indoor Navigation for Users
Of course, after getting a clear picture of how the indoor navigation apps are useful for the businesses it is now time to see how it’s benefiting the users.
1. The apps enable easy search for the users. And they can use maps in real-time because of easy navigation.
2. The app makes the whole search process easier, as it contains an option of voice destination.
3. It helps users to create and find the shortest and easiest routes.
And you know what, these are the famous reasons the mobile applications have introduced the newly trending indoor mobile application.
How are Navigation Apps Work?
1.The mobile application is linked directly with mobile phone sensors, making it easy for the users, to find a certain location on their mobile phones. This helps to calculate the internal location, with the help of a complex mathematical algorithm.
2. The ultimate goal is to provide the ultimate end-user experience. And in order to continue this, indoor navigation technology relies on the components like dynamic positioning system platform, beacons broadcasting signals, etc. And can collect data from various sources in order to calculate the actual position of a user.
3. The proper functioning of the indoor navigation app requires:- a facility building app, a dedicated app for smartphones, fingerprints and BLE beacons as well as back-end servers.
What are the Features of Indoor Navigation Apps?
The positioning feature in the app locates the user’s destination, using different positioning system, as per the real-time basis.
This feature shows the easiest possible routes, analytics displays the number of people present in the building.
3. Administrative Capabilities
Help the managers to maintain the beacons and they can set up promotional campaigns, etc.
The feature helps in creating the best and shortest route possible, and guides the user to the point of destination.
The feature gives information about the number of visitors, inside the facility.
6. Push Notifications
The app sends push notification to the users to guide them through their actual destination.
Technology Required for Indoor Navigation Apps
The indoor navigation technologies are using the system which is similar to GPS, with the use of Beacons in the buildings, rather than using the satellites in space. The system is helpful in facilitating the transition from outdoor GPS to indoor GPS, for convenient navigation end-user experience.
2. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
As we are aware of the fact, many companies are working with wireless internet technologies like Bluetooth as well wifi rather than the satellites. Indoor navigation technologies that are using Bluetooth are compatible, precise with a wide range of technologies. But it tends to have a small functional range. Moreover, the Wi-Fi-based indoor navigation system has great potential, when it comes to the area-size. The systems based on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth do not require any kind of additional hardware, as they can keep track of the user’s location, with a reference to other wireless internet-connected mobile devices.
3. Magnetic Imaging and Light
The indoor navigation software does not depend upon any signals from the satellites, Neither on WIFI and nor on Bluetooth. Most mobile devices make use of IndoorAtlas which has a compass inside, that detects magnetic fields, the building’s internal structure generates. This app is more useful when a company already has a map of its building available for the use of the app. The technology has given an indoor localization a new face, however, the range of use is still less.
Cost of developing an Indoor Navigation Apps
There are a number of organizations and business enterprises that hire android developers and leave everything on them. But apart from hiring there are many other factors to take into consideration to develop a navigation app like Waze, the app can cost much more and the additional advanced features can add more cost. Moreover, once you get an app fully developed, you will expect to update it on a routine basis.
Few services you need to pay for once the development is done are
1. Third-party services
2. Paid subscriptions to get a particular location as well as for PaaS (platform-as-a-service)
3. For servers, as you would need to create a server, where you will store the entire mapping information.
4. And BLE beacons use to send the push notification to the users.
5. Devices/updates- Indoor navigation requires updates from time to time, to avoid glitches.
Required Team Structure
1. Requirement analyst
2. Project manager
3. UI/UX designer
4. Web developer
5. QA Tester
But that’s not just it. Have your requirements stated clearly and make sure your preferred mobile application and website development company is able to do justice with your project?
Above mentioned are the basic things which one needs to understand before developing an indoor navigation mobile application, these are meant for the building covering large surface areas, providing so many benefits to the users and the businesses. If you want to ensure, the things are done smartly get in touch with us, NOW!!
- Android App Development (258)
- Artificial Intelligence (186)
- Blockchain (59)
- Company Updates (8)
- Digital Marketing (3)
- E-commerce Development (38)
- Enterprise Development (55)
- Enterprise Solutions (117)
- GIS Development (4)
- Guest Post (3)
- Internet of Things (88)
- iOS App Development (232)
- Mobile App Development (581)
- News (70)
- On-demand App Development (210)
- Salesforce Development (15)
- Search Engine Optimization (24)
- Software Development (326)
- Staff Augmentation (13)
- Technology (306)
- UI/UX Design (24)
- Wearable App Development (3)
- Web App Development (102)
- WordPress Development (8)